Can't create New Custom List

May 14, 2008 at 7:12 PM
Anyone have a problem creating a new custom list after configuring this.   I am wondering if I have a configuration issue or if this is a bug?

This is the error i receive:

The security validation for this page is invalid. Click Back in your Web browser, refresh the page, and try your operation again.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequestInternalClass.CreateListFromFormPost(String bstrUrl, String& pbstrGuid, String& pbstrNextUrl)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Library.SPRequest.CreateListFromFormPost(String bstrUrl, String& pbstrGuid, String& pbstrNextUrl)

Thanks

tdouglas

Coordinator
May 18, 2008 at 8:04 PM
Hi

It is because your rebranding is including the application page that creates the list. The master page your are applying to this might be incompatible with that given master. E.g. some application pages is showing that exaxt expcetion because the Searchbox is included in the Master Page. It has nothing per see to do with the DSRM module, but it is just that this application page is incompatible with the used Master Page. Try remove the Searchbox Control in the master you are using on the Application Pages and, when you are at it, make sure that these tags are present on your master:

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderPageDescriptionRowAttr2" runat="server"/>
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderPageDescriptionRowAttr" runat="server"/>

These are required for some specific pages.

Hope it helps!
Apr 22, 2009 at 12:39 PM
I had the same problem.  For me, my new master page was missing:

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderFormDigest" runat="server">
  <SharePoint:FormDigest runat=server/>
  </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>

This appears to be required for those application pages, and can be placed just above the closing </form> tag.