Rebranding Path Interceptor is Sensitive to Query Strings

Aug 13, 2008 at 10:09 PM
Upon trying to apply a custom application.master to some _layouts pages, I noticed that DSRM considers the query string when evaluating paths. This is, to me, unexpected behavior for the rebranding path interceptor. As an example of where this is a problem, the Content and Structure link in site settings includes the query string Source=/_layouts/settings.aspx. In our environment DSRM is configured to apply a custom application.master to /_layouts/settings.aspx and due to the query string it also applies it to Content and Structure which then throws an error.

There is a separate interceptor for query strings so I believe the rebranding path interceptor should ignore them. Instead of comparing paths to the RawUrl, how about comparing them to the FilePath property of the request? This will prevent unexpected behavior due to query strings.
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2008 at 9:03 PM
Hi jtacy

Sorry for the late response.You are absolutly right. This is surely a "bug". It will be fixed in the next release.

Development of DSRM might very soon start again so came back soon and this might be fixed (if you did'nt fix it your self :) )

Regards
Anders K. Jacobsen
Mar 23, 2009 at 1:06 PM

hi jtacy

any success on the issue? i have also followed the installation step. all _layout pages seems to work fine but pages like setting.aspx and "people & group" is throwing errors. please help???

Majid